Tuesday 26 June 2012

THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS

Today I was in Thame and one of the things I wanted was to get a card for next-door as their third child was born yesterday - another girl. As I looked through the 'baby' cards I wondered why manufacturers or designers thought it necessary to have cards addressed 'For a New Baby' as if you'd been thinking about, perhaps, having a recycled or reconditioned one...Isn't our language strange sometimes?

Waitrose have a line of food now designated as Love Life but that wasn't how I read the title of this magazine from several feet away - I thought they'd gone into a new line of business!!! Sort of True Romances brought up to date.

Last night's sunset was such a strong pink I had to go upstairs and take some photos. It was a toss-up whether to use a landscape photo or a portrait photo. I finally plumped for the landscape as it shows more of the fantastic sky. In reality it was a much brighter pink than this - more like a male bullfinch's chest.

3 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Oh how I smiled at your take on the magazine!! Lovely sky photo you have there.

Kath said...

Lovely sunset. I have a "sunset" setting on my camera, but it makes the skies too red. I like the way the trees are silhouetted.

Sylve said...

Thanks, Marigold, it tickled me, too!
Kath, I'll have to look at the settings on my camera, it's something I don't alter very much. Perhaps I can get a better colour for the pink.