Monday 28 November 2011

MUNCHIES Part 2

Yesterday afternoon - just as Formula 1's last race of the season broadcast was beginning Sarah and James turned up to see Grandma. I haven't seen James for months and Sarah had come home for the weekend as it was Helen's (Mum's) birthday. We sat chatting, Sarah with her carton of White Grape and Peach juice (cos she doesn't drink tea or coffee) and James with the biscuit box and a cuppa. You have to know that James loves biscuits and he absent mindedly worked his way through the biscuit box...
So, this morning, I had to make something for me to munch on for the rest of the day and a few more, too, I think. I found a recipe for Rock Cakes/Buns which I realised was the same as the one I use for my fruit cakes. It's a rub-in mix which I seem to be more successful with these days and takes c. 15 minutes to cook. I love hot cakes and can't wait to begin them -as you can see from the photo.
Just what you need on the first frosty morning of the year.

8 comments:

Kath said...

I could have done with one of those to much on this morning as the dogs and I made our way through the park. Definately gloves weather!

Bernard said...

What a busy bee you are.
I make that 33 whole cakes and 3 half nibbled!

Sylve said...

You're in good form, Bernard!Don't know how all those got onto the blog, had to email Sarah cos I'd forgotten how to delete whole posts. I still have 8 cakes left, too...
Kath, talking of gloves, I've lost mine, only a temporary problem, I hope. Now, did I put them down at the bazaar or did they drop out of my coat pocket aka my handbag? The cake smell is nice in the house, shows I've been working - for once!

Sarah Elisabeth said...

i think you got a tad hungry in the process and ate 3/4 of the bottom right one. Hope you enjoyed my M&M Cookie x

Bernard said...

Ah, I see you have managed OK.
I was going to remind you that you only have to go to 'Dashboard'.
New Post - Edit Post - Comments - ...
Click on Edit posts, and then on the far right hand side of each post is the option to 'Delete'.
Done.
Cheers....Bernard

Sylve said...

Yes, the cookie was very tasty - don't know about the leaking blue colour, though. Just don't look...

Dutch Duo said...

You best have some left when we come over at Christmas..I miss your cakes

Sylve said...

I can make some when you come over - if you do the washing up.....