Tuesday 12 October 2010

TRIAL RUN AT MACHINE QUILTING




A couple of weeks ago I thought I'd have a go at machine quilting and this was the result of a very short time's work. The scribble on the right is me drawing out a route using a scribble stencil which I've used for hand quilting previously and realised that when I did the top left section I tried to make the turns too close so must learn to expand the 'wriggles'. Underneath was a try at a heart - OK on one half, not exactly a match on the other side (!) and I'd watched a video of someone making bubbles/pebbles but that's not as easy as it looks.

I must have another try soon as I have treated myself to a pair of Machingers and can't wait too long before I use them, can I? One thing I'm not looking forward to is having to fiddle about getting the tiny screw which holds on the different feet into the locating hole, a real trial. Any hints to make life easier?

I was talking to - someone - about there not being much room on an ordinary sewing machine to support a 'large' piece of material so emailed Toyota and found they do an extension table for my model, cost £22 plus p & p. Phoned to place an order and - their Spares dept is open from 10-12.30 and 1.30-2.30..... At least their Help Line was available to tell me as it wasn't mentioned in the email I received from them.!

Tomorrow, then.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Oh that's what I could do with Silve, an extension table thingy. I'll be interested to know how you get on the with the gloves, I found they made a huge difference. Good start tho, very impressed.